Sometimes the easiest recipes are the best. This amazing salad is literally just massaged kale with a simple tahini dressing and best of all, it’s super healthy. Did you know that just one cup of kale offers over two times the amount of vitamin A that you need in a whole day? Amongst other benefits, vitamin A is a potent beauty booster. Because it is a powerful antioxidant, vitamin A helps to fight off free radicals that contribute to the signs of aging.
This salad is perfect on it’s own as a side dish or as a main course simply by adding roasted chickpeas or any other lean protein. Unlike salads made with more delicate greens, dressed kale salads such as this one also keep well in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Since they store well, they make a great candidate for your lunch box!
- For the Salad:
2 bunches kale, stems removed and leaves loosely chopped or torn (8 cups chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic-infused oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the Dressing:
¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp garlic-infused oil
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup Spicy Roasted Chickpeas (optional)
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and ½ tsp salt to kale and massage with hands to soften the texture and reduce bitterness. Set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk vigorously. Pour as much dressing as desired over kale and mix together.
- Garnish with spicy roasted chickpeas (if using) and serve. Leftovers will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days.